I studied for four years for a Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy, after spending the previous ten years feeling unfulfilled with an engineering career. Like many others who practice what may be considered as complementary therapies, my own health problems led me to explore alternatives to mainstream options. It was during this time that my interest in nutritional therapy was ignited.
I believe that sound nutrition is the foundation for optimum health. I also strongly believe that an integrated approach to healthcare is the most beneficial for the individual. In my role as a nutritional therapist, I aim to provide appropriate information and achievable recommendations in order that the individual is able to make informed decisions about their own healthcare.
I completed my studies at the Natural Healthcare College under the guidance of Jackie Day.
- I am a Council Member and Full Member of the Naturopathic Nutrition Association (NNA)
- I am a Full Member of the British Association of Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy (BANT)
Qualifications and Professional Practice:
- Diploma in Naturopathic Nutritional Therapy; including supervised Clinical Practice
- Diploma in Nutritional Therapeutics
- Diploma in Nutritional Advice
- Compliance with the National Occupational Standards for Nutritional Therapy
- I observe the BANT Code of Professional Practice
- City & Guilds Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector (PTLLS)
Continuing Professional Development (CPD):
I am committed to maintaining a high standard of CPD. This includes regular attendance at seminars and workshops, subscriptions to trade publications and keeping up to date with current research in the naturopathic and nutritional therapy fields.